So I decided to try and make my own DIY Unity Candle Set and it worked out pretty well so I though I would share the steps here so that maybe some people would find it helpful.
What You Will Need:
- 1 Pillar Candle
- 2 Tapered Candles
- Tissue paper
- Printer paper
- Baking / Wax / Greaseproof Paper
- Hair dryer
1. Do up your design in Microsoft Word or any software you are comfortable using.
2. Print it out to make sure it fits on the candles.
3. Take a piece of tissue paper (smoothing it out as best you can) and tape in onto a piece of printer paper.
4. Print your design on the page with the tissue paper.
5. Cut around the design as closely as possible.
6. Position the tissue paper onto the candle as you want it.
7. Wrapped the baking paper around the candle leaving enough to grip at the back of the candle. I would also hold this with a town or a glove (I didn’t the first time and lets just say it gets pretty hot)
8. Using a hair dryer go over the design up-and-down (make sure that it is heated evenly). Do this for 30 – 45 seconds.
9. Peel off the baking paper and your tissue paper should have melted into the candle. If it didn’t fully blend in you can just wrap the baking paper back on and heat it again until you are happy with it.
10. If you feel like adding any extras like ribbon or diamante then you can add that at this stage.
Total cost of the set I made €6
Pillar Candle €3 (Pennys/Primark)
Tapered Candles €1 each (Tiger)
Tissue paper €1 (Mr Price)
All other supplies I already had in the house
You can download the file I created here
* The template is for personal use only
I hope that you find this helpful and would love to hear from you if you went ahead and made you own unity candle set.